7. A New Treatment of Mass Loss and Rotation for Stellar Evolution
- Title: Grids of stellar models with rotation. I. Models from 0.8 to 120 Msun at solar metallicity (Z = 0.014)
- Authors: S. Ekström, C. Georgy, P. Eggenberger, et al.
- First Author’s Institution: Geneva Observatory, University of Geneva
Why it is important: Stellar models which can reproduce the properties of the lowest and highest-mass stars are critical for measuring the composition and evolution of galaxies (see #9), identifying the progenitors of supernovae (see #2), and characterizing planet-hosting stars (see #3).
Latest posts by Betsy Mills (see all)
- The (not so) Sordid History of the Small Magellanic Cloud – August 10, 2013
- The black hole and the 50-course meal – July 13, 2013
- The Whirlpool Galaxy Like You’ve Never Seen it Before – April 17, 2013