Are you mixed up by which scattering processes are relevant at different wavelength regimes? Don’t know the difference between type Ib and IIb supernovae? Can’t remember the distinction between ULIRGs, DOGs, and SMGs? Need some information on common telescopes or software astronomers use? If so, welcome to Astrobites Guides! Here we seek to distill fundamental ideas and information into helpful, jargon-free reviews. Is there a topic you would like to have a Guide for? Get in touch!
- Astronomy and the electromagnetic spectrum
- Spectroscopy and important spectral lines
- Galaxy and AGN types and famous examples
- The major telescopes
- Guide to graduate school
- Citizen science efforts
- Guide to astrophysical software
- Guide to Science Policy
- Check out Astrobetter and the Astrobetter Wiki for more helpful tips!